1. Lunaria are biennials.
2. I vaguely remember planting some seeds...
3. Somehow I did not mistake them for weeds, and let them grow not only last year, but this spring.
4. They continued growing even when the patio area was redesigned, much dirt displaced. (A fence may have been dropped on them too.)
5. They remind me of my Grandma who had a vase full of them in her hallway.
6. I love the way they sparkle in the sun.
7. And, shine through the lens of my polaroid.
8. I think they are lucky.
9. Peeling their outer skin to reveal their shiny inside is like opening the loveliest present.
10. Many seeds were collected for future years enjoyment.
11. Of course I had to include one more here.