ArtPrize exhibit and promo materials... How many postcards do you need when there is the potential for 400,000 people to stop by? I still don't know. But from the friends I have asked, the consensus is a lot! Which is what I ordered. (More on that next week.)
I did happily take a day to work on some new prints which I have added to my website and Etsy shop too.
I hope your weekend is all you've imagined!
* A new month, and a new school schedule ( Hooray!)
* A new and updated website !
* And, of course new art to go with it.
* Multiple phone calls from my mom in the same day.
*Gin... Mostly when I win. But, anytime I play with my girl.
* Thinking of eating in Detroit....
* Remembering time spent this weekend reading Issue 1 of Driftless Magazine.
* This hard-boiled egg recipe again, because I can never remember.
Cheers! xoxo - A.
I hope all is well in your world.
*Bringing carrots to the horses.
*Sneaking off to read bits of Molly's new book... though I really don't want it to end.
*Playing tennis (I'm still undefeated among 8-11 year olds!)
*Avoiding my over-grow garden.
*Finally watching Mad Men after hearing everyone talk about it for years.
*Taking thousands of photographs, most of which I won't look at until winter so that I can relive these days and feel warm again.
I also can't wait to hang this new print in my office. It is my favorite abandoned building in the world. And, the second I win the mega-billion dollar lottery I will buy it and turn it into a luxury B&B.
(I would have posted more new photos today, but blogger seems to be doing something weird with their color.) So, you can find more new work here.
*Visited with these gorgeous horses, and was told I can go any day and bring them carrots too.
*Happily raced across the state to watch the sun set on my favorite lake with friends.
*Thought my cousin was the most beautiful bride!
*Danced with my family to Janet Jackson (?)
*Walked for hours all over Detroit.
*Ate chicken Shawarma at 1:30 a.m.
*Carried a kayak (too far).
*Ate the best salmon dinner of my life, and thought about it every day since.
*Obsessed over ferns, and took too many photographs of them.
*Made some garden progress... (though I still feel about a month behind.)
*Cursed at the squirrel who ate all of my beautiful almost ripe strawberries
What's new with all of you?
xoxox - A.
* Balloons! (The one project my kids were happy to help with.)
* The vintage disco ball I won on Ebay is on it way, and coming to a photo shoot soon.
*All orders are in the mail... something I work towards every Friday, but rarely happens.
*Thinking about planting my garden. Or at least weeding so it is ready when the weather improves.
*Baby geese following their parents down our road.
*Planning a night to make this pasta.
Have a wonderful weekend!
April you were just lovely, exhausting, but very kind, gracious and gorgeous.
*My girl surfing in the Gulf of Mexico.
*Sleeping in my mom's bed.
*Eating my mom's Sunday dinner.
*Sleeping in an even lovelier hotel bed.
*Watching dolphins from our room.
*Watching manatees from our room.
*Collecting sand dollars at sunrise.
*The best crab cakes in Cincinnati (and the best burger EVER according to my husband.)
*An 8 mile walk with my dear friend.
*The first spring soccer games.
*My photograph taken by my favorite 2 1/2 year old. (On Instagram: aliciabockphotography)
*Spring cleaning in my garden while the hyacinths bloom.
*The first backyard s'mores of the season with friends.
P.S. Just as soon as I am caught up on orders (very soon), and finish up some projects, I'll be back to posting new art.
* If I had to place a bet, I am 99% sure my Grandma took this, because she was the Polaroid Queen of the * 80's, and probably the 90's too.
* I plan on spending the next year dancing my way to 40.
* I would pay a large sum of money to have this tutu today.
* I share my day with another awesome dancer... (Video Below) and this lovely lady.